The Performance Showcase provides student actors with an opportunity to perform and to be critiqued. Students may choose to present a monologue, duet scene, or small group ensemble piece (3-5 actors). We will provide qualified teachers (university or professional) to work with these students during the workshop sessions. If you are performing, we will schedule around it. At the conclusion of this “rehearsal session”, the best pieces will be selected to perform in front of the entire conference. Be ready to perform the piece for the judges. They will make suggestions and critique the performance.
The deadline for submissions is December 1, 2017. Late registrations will be accepted based on availability until December 15, 2017 and will require a $20 late registration fee.
Criteria and Restrictions
- Solo pieces must be limited to four minutes.
- Duet/small group scenes are to be no longer than 7 minutes.
- All scenes must be published material.
- No original material will be accepted.
- This event is on a space-available basis. Early submissions will receive first priority.
If you have more than one student or group who wishes to perform, please use a separate submission form for each performance.
Questions? Contact Cindy@TNthescon.com