Each year one acting scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding student at the Tennessee Thespian Conference. The scholarship will be in the amount of $1,000.00. The applicant should be aware that this scholarship is intended for a senior student who desires to further his or her fine arts education in college or in a specialized academy. All applicants must be registered delegates of the Conference, be a member in good standing of his/her Thespian troupe and the International Thespian Society, and pay full Conference fees.
The deadline for submissions is December 1, 2017. Late registrations will be accepted until December 15, 2017 and will require a $20 late registration fee. Any application that is incomplete will be disregarded.
This scholarship is not a need-based scholarship.
The criteria upon which the scholarship will be judged is as follows:
40% will be performance
- Each applicant is asked to prepare two contrasting monologues FROM STRAIGHT PLAYS that will be performed for the judges.
- Each monologue may be up to one minute in length.
- The judges will select a few monologues to be performed for the Conference.
30% will be interview
- Those applicants who are called back will meet with the judges for a 10-minute period.
- The interview is a means for the judges to get to know the applicant on a more personal level.
- Interviews will take place during the call backs on Saturday.
15% will be activities, leadership, and involvement in the arts
- For this category, each applicant is asked to fully answer the questions that appear on the application form.
- Please do not submit incomplete forms.
15% will be academic achievement (high school grades only)
- Each applicant is asked to submit a copy of his or her high school transcript during registration at the conference.
- Your application will not be considered without your transcript.